The hCG diet, as we all know it, is one of those calorie-restricted diets. You should be counting the number of calories you consume while on the hCG diet and that is because the hCG hormone will not be able to work properly for weight loss if you consume enough calories for energy.
Now, most people who already know of the fact still do not know the best ways to prepare and cook their meals.
So today, I am going to share 5 hCG diet cooking tips for people who struggle to cook meals that are appropriate for the said diet plan.
- Protein. In all of the diets (except ones fit for vegetarians), protein is necessary. This is also true for the hCG diet. Now, most people think that protein should be in limited quantities when you’re on the hCG diet. That is true but you can actually up your protein intake without taking in the extra calories. To do this, you need to get your protein from healthy sources. Two of the best protein sources for hCG dieters include Chicken and Fish. When preparing chicken, make sure to ditch the skin as it contains loads of fat and cholesterol. Use chicken breasts and fillets and you should be fine. For the fish, you can opt for fish that are rich in Omega-3 like Salmon or Tuna.
- Always incorporate vegetables. Vegetables are amazing because they do not only contain a few calories but they are also packed with nutrition your body needs. The good thing about them is that you can eat copious amounts without worrying about calories. Be sure to include vegetables in almost all of the meals you’re going to cook.
- Fruits are also necessary. Just like vegetables, fruits are also necessary on the hCG diet. Fruits can be included on a dish or it can be eaten as a dessert. Eat fruits that are low on sugar content like Pineapple, Blueberries, Strawberries, etc.
- Use only healthy oils when cooking. The use of cooking oils is important in almost every dish you’re going to cook. Unfortunately, there are a lot of cooking oils that are always unhealthy for you. When you’re on the hCG diet, Olive Oil is your best friend. It contains only a few calories and they are also healthy as well. For use in salads and other things, you can use extra virgin olive oil as well.
- Use Stevia to Enhance Flavor. I don’t know about you but I have a sweet tooth. Although that is probably innocent, it is not good for the hCG diet. All sweets have an insane amount of sugar in them. The best way to enhance the flavor of your dishes (as well as sweeten it) is to use Stevia instead of any other sugar alternative. That is because Stevia comes from natural sources and although some variants are sweet, they do not contain calories at all.
If you are struggling to prepare and cook meals and you’re on the hCG diet, these 5 cooking tips will help you get your groove.
The hCG diet is one of the most effective diets for weight loss but you have to do key things in order for it to be successful. These cooking tips will make sure that you’re on the right path.